Re: Howto change selected text's color background ?

  • Stahlman Family
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 9, 2009
      Stahlman Family wrote:

      > fritzophrenic wrote:
      >>
      >> On Dec 10, 7:29 am, jack <jack.mort...@...> wrote:
      >>> sorry gays for my misleading request,
      >>> what i want is how to change the background colors of some lines
      >>>
      >> Vim is not really meant to do that kind of thing...it's a text editor,
      >> not a word processor or WSIWYG publication platform.
      >>
      >> However, there are a few ways.
      >>
      >> One way is using the txtfmt plugin: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2208

      .
      .
      .

      > Yes. Txtfmt lets you highlight your plain text documents with 8 colors
      > and either 3 or 6 format attributes (bold, underline, italic, and if
      > "long" format mode is used, standout, reverse and undercurl as well).
      > Caveat: Currently, only foreground text color may be set with Txtfmt.
      > I've been intrigued by the possibility of adding background color to the
      > mix. I believe doing so is possible, and may also be feasible, provided
      > that "short" formats are used (bold, underline, italic only). The reason
      > for this restriction is that with "long" formats, the number of syntax
      > regions processed by Vim might become prohibitively large. (If you doubt
      > this, do a :syntax command in a txtfmt buffer using "long" formats and
      > then be prepared to hit the space bar a lot of times.) At any rate, I'll
      > have to do some prototyping when I get some time...

      Just noticed I never posted a follow-up to this after adding the
      requested support for background color to the Txtfmt plugin:

      As of version 2.0, Txtfmt lets you alter not only a text region's
      foreground color and format attributes (bold, italic, underline,
      etc...), but also its background color (as requested by the original
      poster). Actually, the subject line specifies the ability to change the
      background color of the "selected text". Visual maps and menu commands
      for altering the highlighting of the visual selection are the focus of
      current development...

      Brett Stahlman