Re: available vimtutor languages?

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2009
      On 11/10/09 14:08, Kim Schulz wrote:

      > On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 14:04:38 +0200
      > Bram Moolenaar<Bram@...> wrote:
      >

      >> Kim Schulz wrote:
      >>
      >>> Is there a list over available translations of the vimtutor
      >>> tutorial? I can see that my installation only comes with the
      >>> english version but as the documentations states that other
      >>> languages are available, I would guess that I could find them
      >>> somewhere.
      >>>
      >>> So what languages are available and where can they be found?
      >>
      >> The Unix distribution and the full Win32 distribution includes them.
      >> I wonder why you don't have them.
      >>
      >> You can find the full list here:
      >> ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime/tutor/
      >>

      > my linux distribution have probably split them into separate locale
      > packages so you only get the ones matching your locale settings (my
      > guess - haven't verified it)

      Well, if you aren't satisfied with what your Linux distribution
      includes, you can always compile Vim yourself, it is not very difficult.
      I have a HowTo
      http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm based on how
      I do it on SuSE; I think it ought to apply to Mandriva too.

      184. You no longer ask prospective dates what their sign is, instead
      your line is "Hi, what's your URL?"