Re: --remote-tab-silent option, how change position of new tab (to the end)

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 6, 2009
      On 12/10/09 22:35, Sergey Vakulenko wrote:
      [...]
      > I tried gvim --remote-send "<C-\><C-N>:tabedit filename<CR>, but no
      > luck, behavior like in previous post (see above),
      >
      > plus files which lays in directory with empty spaces (programs files)
      > haven't opened(vim stop loading file and show part of path before
      > space (Programs ) ), but this is secondary problem.

      The problem in the last paragraph above seems not to have been addressed.

      On Dos-like platforms (including Windows) you can pass the 8.3
      equivalent of the path/filename: that will never include spaces.

      see
      :help fnamemodify()
      :help filename-modifiers
      and in particular the ":8" modifier.

      Warning: This won't work if you want to _create_ a "name with space", it
      modifies only the "existing" part of a pathfilename.

      On Unix-like platforms you might have to use the fnameescape() function
      (q.v.) to add backslashes before any spaces and other "weird"
      characters. (Try it before you write it into a script.) If it works,
      then when operating at the keyboard you can also add the backslashes
      yourself, of course.

      Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
      -- Martin Luther King, Jr.