Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Vim Wiki problem?

Expand Messages
  • Tony Mechelynck
    ... oops (thanks Bill) http://vim.wikia.com/Working_with_Unicode ... More pages that don t work for me: http://vim.wikia.com/Special:SpecialPages
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
    View Source
    • 0 Attachment
      On 02/11/09 04:08, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      >
      > On 02/11/09 03:43, bill lam wrote:
      >>
      >> On Mon, 02 Nov 2009, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      >>>
      >>> On 02/11/09 03:27, Richard Hartmann wrote:
      >>>>
      >>>> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 03:22, Tony Mechelynck
      >>>> <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
      >>>>
      >>>>> Is it just me, or are some of you people seeing the same?
      >>>>
      >>>> Does not work:
      >>>> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Vim_Tips_Wiki
      >>>>
      >>>>
      >>>> Works:
      >>>> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Best_Vim_Tips
      >>>>
      >>>>
      >>>> Richard
      >>>
      >>> Neither works for me. Can you retry? If the only ones which don't work
      >>> are the following:
      >>>
      >>> http://vim.wikia.com/
      >>> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Vim_Tips_Wiki
      >>> http://vim.wikia.com/Best_Vim_Tips
      >>> http://vim.wikia.com/User:Tonymec
      >>> http://vim.vikia.com/Working_with_Unicode

      oops (thanks Bill) http://vim.wikia.com/Working_with_Unicode

      >>> http://vim.wikia.org/Cscope
      >>> (a new page I was about to publish)
      >>>
      >>
      >> All of them not work. Incidentally you wrote /v/ikia in one of them.
      >>
      >
      > After logging out (which I could only achieve by manually removing my
      > Wikia cookies), "Working with Unicode" (with a w in wikia) and "Best Vim
      > Tips" work, but not the rest of the above, which still give me a blank
      > page, even after Ctrl+Shift+R (Reload without cache). Disabling
      > Javascript changes nothing.
      >
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Tony.

      More pages that don't work for me:

      http://vim.wikia.com/Special:SpecialPages
      http://vim.wikia.com/Special:Userlogin


      Best regards,
      Tony.
      --
      The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of
      civilization.
      -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

      --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
      You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
      -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
    • John Beckett
      ... All of wikia.com is dead. Random responses (the fact that some actions at your end show different results) are usually due to random paths the traffic
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
      View Source
      • 0 Attachment
        Tony Mechelynck wrote:
        > Suddenly, any Vim Wiki URL gives me a blank page. The source
        > looks like this (notice no <!DOCTYPE <html> <title> or
        > <body>, only a couple of <script>s):

        All of wikia.com is dead. Random responses (the fact that some
        actions at your end show different results) are usually due to
        random paths the traffic takes because they have quite a complex
        system with lots of caching servers and so forth.

        There is no need to notify anyone, and no questions will get
        helpful answers, because the Wikia staff know within five
        minutes that a disaster has occurred, and anyone with any
        knowledge is locked in a room trying to fix the problem.
        However, issues can be discussed at:

        irc://irc.freenode.net/wikia

        Currently, IRC is saying stuff like "yeah, looks like a
        connection problem...will be back instantly once they figure it
        out...". But it's all guess work.

        John


        --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
        You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
        -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
      • Tony Mechelynck
        ... All of wikia.com ? That s bad news. :-( And instantly once they figure it out could mean next hour or next week, so, as you say, it s all guesswork .
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
        View Source
        • 0 Attachment
          On 02/11/09 04:33, John Beckett wrote:
          > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
          >> Suddenly, any Vim Wiki URL gives me a blank page. The source
          >> looks like this (notice no<!DOCTYPE<html> <title> or
          >> <body>, only a couple of<script>s):
          >
          > All of wikia.com is dead. Random responses (the fact that some
          > actions at your end show different results) are usually due to
          > random paths the traffic takes because they have quite a complex
          > system with lots of caching servers and so forth.
          >
          > There is no need to notify anyone, and no questions will get
          > helpful answers, because the Wikia staff know within five
          > minutes that a disaster has occurred, and anyone with any
          > knowledge is locked in a room trying to fix the problem.
          > However, issues can be discussed at:
          >
          > irc://irc.freenode.net/wikia
          >
          > Currently, IRC is saying stuff like "yeah, looks like a
          > connection problem...will be back instantly once they figure it
          > out...". But it's all guess work.
          >
          > John
          >
          >

          "All of wikia.com"? That's bad news. :-( And "instantly once they figure
          it out" could mean next hour or next week, so, as you say, "it's all
          guesswork". :-( :-( :-(

          Best regards,
          Tony.
          --
          The new Congressmen say they're going to turn the government around. I
          hope I don't get run over again.

          --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
          You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
          -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
        • Tony Mechelynck
          ... According to that chatroom, it s now up -- sort of (readonly, I guess: I can log on but not save a new page). Best regards, Tony. -- A long-forgotten
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
          View Source
          • 0 Attachment
            On 02/11/09 04:33, John Beckett wrote:
            > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
            >> Suddenly, any Vim Wiki URL gives me a blank page. The source
            >> looks like this (notice no<!DOCTYPE<html> <title> or
            >> <body>, only a couple of<script>s):
            >
            > All of wikia.com is dead. Random responses (the fact that some
            > actions at your end show different results) are usually due to
            > random paths the traffic takes because they have quite a complex
            > system with lots of caching servers and so forth.
            >
            > There is no need to notify anyone, and no questions will get
            > helpful answers, because the Wikia staff know within five
            > minutes that a disaster has occurred, and anyone with any
            > knowledge is locked in a room trying to fix the problem.
            > However, issues can be discussed at:
            >
            > irc://irc.freenode.net/wikia
            >
            > Currently, IRC is saying stuff like "yeah, looks like a
            > connection problem...will be back instantly once they figure it
            > out...". But it's all guess work.
            >
            > John
            >
            >

            According to that chatroom, it's now up -- "sort of" (readonly, I guess:
            I can log on but not save a new page).


            Best regards,
            Tony.
            --
            A long-forgotten loved one will appear soon. Buy the negatives at any
            price.

            --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
            You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
            For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
            -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
          • Tony Mechelynck
            ... Looks like it s up now, I m crossing fingers Best regards, Tony. -- Don t worry about avoiding temptation -- as you grow older, it starts avoiding you. --
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 1, 2009
            View Source
            • 0 Attachment
              On 02/11/09 04:33, John Beckett wrote:
              > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
              >> Suddenly, any Vim Wiki URL gives me a blank page. The source
              >> looks like this (notice no<!DOCTYPE<html> <title> or
              >> <body>, only a couple of<script>s):
              >
              > All of wikia.com is dead. Random responses (the fact that some
              > actions at your end show different results) are usually due to
              > random paths the traffic takes because they have quite a complex
              > system with lots of caching servers and so forth.
              >
              > There is no need to notify anyone, and no questions will get
              > helpful answers, because the Wikia staff know within five
              > minutes that a disaster has occurred, and anyone with any
              > knowledge is locked in a room trying to fix the problem.
              > However, issues can be discussed at:
              >
              > irc://irc.freenode.net/wikia
              >
              > Currently, IRC is saying stuff like "yeah, looks like a
              > connection problem...will be back instantly once they figure it
              > out...". But it's all guess work.
              >
              > John
              >
              >

              Looks like it's up now, I'm crossing fingers

              Best regards,
              Tony.
              --
              Don't worry about avoiding temptation -- as you grow older, it starts
              avoiding you.
              -- The Old Farmer's Almanac

              --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
              You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
              For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
              -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
            • bill lam
              Until kindly reminded by a forum member just now, I failed to notice I sent reply to both vim_use mailing lists by hitting reply to list. I have my mua config
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 2, 2009
              View Source
              • 0 Attachment
                Until kindly reminded by a forum member just now, I failed to notice I
                sent reply to both vim_use mailing lists by hitting reply to list. I
                have my mua config updated. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

                --
                regards,
                ====================================================
                GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24
                gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 4434BAB3

                --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
                You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
                -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
              • John Beckett
                Update on the Vim Tips wiki outage nine days ago: The writeup is quite interesting:
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 11, 2009
                View Source
                • 0 Attachment
                  Update on the Vim Tips wiki outage nine days ago:

                  The writeup is quite interesting:
                  http://www.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Crucially/Explanation_of_the_Sunday_outage

                  And a live test for a failover system will be held soon:
                  http://www.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Crucially/Iowa_datacenter_test

                  John


                  --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
                  You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                  For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
                  -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
                • Tony Mechelynck
                  ... Thanks to you (and Crucially ;-) ) for the follwup links :-) Best regards, Tony. -- For years a secret shame destroyed my peace -- I d not read Eliot,
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 11, 2009
                  View Source
                  • 0 Attachment
                    On 11/11/09 10:32, John Beckett wrote:
                    >
                    > Update on the Vim Tips wiki outage nine days ago:
                    >
                    > The writeup is quite interesting:
                    > http://www.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Crucially/Explanation_of_the_Sunday_outage
                    >
                    > And a live test for a failover system will be held soon:
                    > http://www.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Crucially/Iowa_datacenter_test
                    >
                    > John

                    Thanks to you (and Crucially ;-) ) for the follwup links :-)

                    Best regards,
                    Tony.
                    --
                    For years a secret shame destroyed my peace --
                    I'd not read Eliot, Auden or MacNiece.
                    But now I think a thought that brings me hope:
                    Neither had Chaucer, Shakespeare, Milton, Pope.
                    -- Justin Richardson.

                    --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
                    You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                    For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
                    -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.