RE: vt100 missing from gvim 7.2?

  • Bear Limvere
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
      > Bear Limvere <b...@...> skribis:
      > > I didn't build the gvim on either machine, but installed from the
      > > winders gvim7#.exe.
      >
      > Then I'm utterly lost :? The 7.2 should work exactly as 7.1
      regarding
      > terminal handling for what I know :?
      >
      > Wait for a better reply, then, probably someone on the list knows
      what's
      > happening there. As I told you I've never used uwin (and I don't use
      > Windows), so I haven't experienced the problem.
      >
      > Good luck :)

      Thanks for the tips! Now that I've read the guidelines...; will try to
      be a better-mannered community member. >;->

      For the moment, I installed gvim71, and it is working perfectly, with
      no config changes on my end (same .profile and _vimrc). I think that
      may point to something left out of the gvim72.exe build.

      Thanks again, Bear ;-D

    • Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
        Saluton Bear :)

        Bear Limvere <b...@...> skribis:
        >> Bear Limvere <b...@...> skribis:
        >> > I didn't build the gvim on either machine, but installed from the
        >> > winders gvim7#.exe.
        >>
        >> Then I'm utterly lost :? The 7.2 should work exactly as 7.1 regarding
        >> terminal handling for what I know :?
        >>
        >> Wait for a better reply, then, probably someone on the list knows
        >> what's happening there. As I told you I've never used uwin (and I
        >> don't use Windows), so I haven't experienced the problem.
        >>
        > Thanks for the tips! Now that I've read the guidelines...; will try to
        > be a better-mannered community member. >;->

        Great! XDDD

        > For the moment, I installed gvim71, and it is working perfectly, with
        > no config changes on my end (same .profile and _vimrc). I think that
        > may point to something left out of the gvim72.exe build.

        How about asking in vim_dev? It's very weird that something like that
        works in 7.1 and not in 7.2. If it is a bug in the gvim72.exe build...

        Also, if you post the output of ":version" of the two binaries (the one
        that works, the one that doesn't) maybe someone can spot the problem.