RE: vt100 missing from gvim 7.2?

  • Bear Limvere
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
      Sorry about the no subject — realized just as I hit 'send'. Oops.

      I didn't build the gvim on either machine, but installed from the
      winders gvim7#.exe.

      Regards, Bear ;-D

      Bear Limvere - Woodturner, Artist, Musician
      http://www.BearLimvere.com/
      http://www.StandingPeopleDesigns.com/
      "You give but little when you give of your possessions.
      It is when you give of yourself that you truly give."
      ~Kahlil Gibran
      Mitakuye Oyasin -- We are all RELATED!

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
        Saluton Bear :)

        Sorry for the second warn in a row, but please don't toppost on the
        list, it is against list guidelines ;)

        Bear Limvere <b...@...> skribis:
        > I didn't build the gvim on either machine, but installed from the
        > winders gvim7#.exe.

        Then I'm utterly lost :? The 7.2 should work exactly as 7.1 regarding
        terminal handling for what I know :?

        Wait for a better reply, then, probably someone on the list knows what's
        happening there. As I told you I've never used uwin (and I don't use
        Windows), so I haven't experienced the problem.

        Good luck :)

      • Bear Limvere
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
          > Bear Limvere <b...@...> skribis:
          > > I didn't build the gvim on either machine, but installed from the
          > > winders gvim7#.exe.
          >
          > Then I'm utterly lost :? The 7.2 should work exactly as 7.1
          regarding
          > terminal handling for what I know :?
          >
          > Wait for a better reply, then, probably someone on the list knows
          what's
          > happening there. As I told you I've never used uwin (and I don't use
          > Windows), so I haven't experienced the problem.
          >
          > Good luck :)

          Thanks for the tips! Now that I've read the guidelines...; will try to
          be a better-mannered community member. >;->

          For the moment, I installed gvim71, and it is working perfectly, with
          no config changes on my end (same .profile and _vimrc). I think that
          may point to something left out of the gvim72.exe build.

          Thanks again, Bear ;-D

        • Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
            Saluton Bear :)

            Bear Limvere <b...@...> skribis:
            >> Bear Limvere <b...@...> skribis:
            >> > I didn't build the gvim on either machine, but installed from the
            >> > winders gvim7#.exe.
            >>
            >> Then I'm utterly lost :? The 7.2 should work exactly as 7.1 regarding
            >> terminal handling for what I know :?
            >>
            >> Wait for a better reply, then, probably someone on the list knows
            >> what's happening there. As I told you I've never used uwin (and I
            >> don't use Windows), so I haven't experienced the problem.
            >>
            > Thanks for the tips! Now that I've read the guidelines...; will try to
            > be a better-mannered community member. >;->

            Great! XDDD

            > For the moment, I installed gvim71, and it is working perfectly, with
            > no config changes on my end (same .profile and _vimrc). I think that
            > may point to something left out of the gvim72.exe build.

            How about asking in vim_dev? It's very weird that something like that
            works in 7.1 and not in 7.2. If it is a bug in the gvim72.exe build...

            Also, if you post the output of ":version" of the two binaries (the one
            that works, the one that doesn't) maybe someone can spot the problem.