Re:

  • Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
      Saluton Bear :)

      First of all, don't send email without a subject. I almost marked it as
      spam!

      Bear Limvere <b...@...> skribis:
      > I recently installed gvim7.2 on my windows XP box. The GUI works
      > wonderfully, but I'm having problems running it under uwin. When I try
      > to start vim from the command line it complains that the 'vt100'
      > terminal type is not supported, and defaults to 'pc-term' This is not
      > a happy emulation with uwin. I have looked for a vt100 termcap for
      > gvim and not found one.
      >
      > I have gvim7.1 on my work computer and it works perfectly under uwin
      > with $TERM-"vt100".
      >
      > Is this just something left out of 7.2? Is there a solution for 7.2?

      Blind shot: maybe your 7.2 was built without builtin support for some
      terminals and your 7.1 was :?? I haven't ever used uwin, but maybe uwin
      needs the terminal definitions installed by hand (from ncurses sources
      or something like that).

    • Bear Limvere
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
        Sorry about the no subject — realized just as I hit 'send'. Oops.

        I didn't build the gvim on either machine, but installed from the
        winders gvim7#.exe.

        Regards, Bear ;-D

        Bear Limvere - Woodturner, Artist, Musician
        http://www.BearLimvere.com/
        http://www.StandingPeopleDesigns.com/
        "You give but little when you give of your possessions.
        It is when you give of yourself that you truly give."
        ~Kahlil Gibran
        Mitakuye Oyasin -- We are all RELATED!

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
          Saluton Bear :)

          Sorry for the second warn in a row, but please don't toppost on the
          list, it is against list guidelines ;)

          Bear Limvere <b...@...> skribis:
          > I didn't build the gvim on either machine, but installed from the
          > winders gvim7#.exe.

          Then I'm utterly lost :? The 7.2 should work exactly as 7.1 regarding
          terminal handling for what I know :?

          Wait for a better reply, then, probably someone on the list knows what's
          happening there. As I told you I've never used uwin (and I don't use
          Windows), so I haven't experienced the problem.

          Good luck :)

        • Bear Limvere
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
            > Bear Limvere <b...@...> skribis:
            > > I didn't build the gvim on either machine, but installed from the
            > > winders gvim7#.exe.
            >
            > Then I'm utterly lost :? The 7.2 should work exactly as 7.1
            regarding
            > terminal handling for what I know :?
            >
            > Wait for a better reply, then, probably someone on the list knows
            what's
            > happening there. As I told you I've never used uwin (and I don't use
            > Windows), so I haven't experienced the problem.
            >
            > Good luck :)

            Thanks for the tips! Now that I've read the guidelines...; will try to
            be a better-mannered community member. >;->

            For the moment, I installed gvim71, and it is working perfectly, with
            no config changes on my end (same .profile and _vimrc). I think that
            may point to something left out of the gvim72.exe build.

            Thanks again, Bear ;-D

          • Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
              Saluton Bear :)

              Bear Limvere <b...@...> skribis:
              >> Bear Limvere <b...@...> skribis:
              >> > I didn't build the gvim on either machine, but installed from the
              >> > winders gvim7#.exe.
              >>
              >> Then I'm utterly lost :? The 7.2 should work exactly as 7.1 regarding
              >> terminal handling for what I know :?
              >>
              >> Wait for a better reply, then, probably someone on the list knows
              >> what's happening there. As I told you I've never used uwin (and I
              >> don't use Windows), so I haven't experienced the problem.
              >>
              > Thanks for the tips! Now that I've read the guidelines...; will try to
              > be a better-mannered community member. >;->

              Great! XDDD

              > For the moment, I installed gvim71, and it is working perfectly, with
              > no config changes on my end (same .profile and _vimrc). I think that
              > may point to something left out of the gvim72.exe build.

              How about asking in vim_dev? It's very weird that something like that
              works in 7.1 and not in 7.2. If it is a bug in the gvim72.exe build...

              Also, if you post the output of ":version" of the two binaries (the one
              that works, the one that doesn't) maybe someone can spot the problem.