Re: Where do functions go?

    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 1, 2009
      On 15/09/09 17:32, Patrick Gen-Paul wrote:

      > Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
      [...]
      >> My mailer is GMail directly.
      >
      > Thought it might be - didn't see any "User-agent" mentioned in your
      > message headers - and the reason I asked is that I have seen quite a few
      > people on different mailing lists who use gmail as an excuse to format
      > their posts in a way that doesn't abide by the lists' policies. So it
      > looks like you can also abuse lowly gmail.
      [...]

      Being on a @... account is no excuse for improper mail formatting.
      I get my mail from Gmail via POP, and from my POV it behaves just like
      any other mail server. People who pretend that they "cannot" bottom-post
      because they are on @... are just ignorant, lazy -- or both.

      Berst regards,
      147. You finally give up smoking...because it made the monitor dirty.

      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 1, 2009
        On 15/09/09 17:32, Patrick Gen-Paul wrote:
        [...]
        > So what if I found your signature more interesting than your post and
        > wanted to comment on it..?? ;-)
        [...]

        Easy: paste it from the Message Read window or the Preview Pane.

        And sorry for replying by three different messages to three different
        parts of this one, but I kept shuttling between it and Raúl's reply.

        "I played lead guitar in a band called The Federal Duck, which is the
        kind of name that was popular in the '60s as a result of controlled
        substances being in widespread use. Back then, there were no
        restrictions, in terms of talent, on who could make an album, so we
        made one, and it sounds like a group of people who have been given
        powerful but unfamiliar instruments as a therapy for a degenerative
        nerve disease."
        -- Dave Barry, "The Snake"