Re: expand variable to command line

  • Aarto Matti
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 14, 2009
      On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

      Maybe you want to have a look at

             :help :browse
             :help 'browsedir'
             :help browsefilter
             :help :execute
             :help input()
      etc.

      Hello,

      browse, browsedir and  browsefilter - no GUI please.
      execute - doesn't let me to complete the command, it just executes it as is.
      input - it doesn't work with completion, e.g. file/dir names.

      The only thing I missing now is to know how to start command line mode from vim function.

      :nnoremap <f12> :e <c-r>=$VIM
      above does almost what I want (note no <CR> at the end), but how to do it without mapping to a key.

      Aarto