Re: Remove message "Cannot Load registered type library" : "Do you want to register"

  • lessthanideal
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2009
      On Aug 30, 10:16 pm, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
      wrote:
      > > :: run Vim so I can use it (then wait for it to close)
      > > %~d0\vim\vim72\gvim
      >
      > with standard Vim, this doesn't wait for it to close, it continues as
      > soon as Vim has done the Windows equivalent of "forking", which happens
      > at some point during startup.
      >
      > See
      >         :help -f

      (I'm using Windows 2000 SP4, and Windows 2003 SP2.) I find it does
      wait in a batch file, although if you type it into a command prompt
      yourself it won't wait. I think this is Windows behaviour, the
      following commands in a batch file behave in the same way and pause
      after notepad has appeared.

      c:\windows\notepad.exe
      echo hello

      If you want to avoid pausing you can use the "start" command, from a
      quick test this seems to work with the VIM batch file without side
      effects. Therefore I've changed the middle line to the below which
      reduces screen clutter since the Command prompt window closes
      immediately.

      :: run Vim so I can use it (don't wait for it to close, so we can
      :: immediately get rid of the Cmd prompt window)
      start %~d0\vim\vim72\gvim

      > This will probably prevent any use of Vim as an OLE server, so you
      > could just as well compile it with OLE=no.

      That would be a cleaner solution.

      > Best regards,
      > Tony.

      regards,