Re: ":setlocal spell" shows "SpellLocal" errors

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2009
      On 29/08/09 16:01, AndyHancock wrote:

      > I'm using vim 7.1 from the cygwin 1.5.25 installation. I did:
      >
      > :set spelllang=en_us,us_ca
      >
      > I got:
      >
      > Warning: Cannot find word list "us.latin1.spl" or "us.ascii.spl"
      >
      > Before getting the above error, Vim asked for permission to download
      > those files, but couldn't find them. After the above error, local
      > spellings such as "neighbourhood" and "colour" are highlighted as
      > SpellLocal, meaning that it is the /wrong/ spelling for the selected
      > region. I thought I was selecting the region with above command?
      >
      > Also, the REGIONS section of helpfile spell.txt has a different
      > explanation for SpellLocal. It says that group simply highlights
      > words used in one region but not another. Nothing about a designated
      > region, for which the typed word is wrong.
      >
      > Thanks for any guidance.

      The problem is with your language setting: en_us,us_ca asks for -- what?
      English(United States), I suppose, but what is the other? Usbek(Canada)
      or something? For English(Canada) you should use en_ca, not us_ca; and
      for English(Great Britain), en_gb.

      "If we were meant to fly, we wouldn't keep losing our luggage."