Re: ANN: gVim for Windows in Portableapps.com format!

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 4, 2009
      On 26/08/09 19:51, Vincent Arnoux wrote:

      > Wouldn't it be interesting to couple this portable app with a binary
      > of ctags? It would give an out of the box support for one of the most
      > useful vim commands (Ctrl-] and such).
      >
      > Vincent

      What about a binary of cscope, which is even more powerful? ":cs help"
      says it all, as follows:

      cscope commands:

      add : Add a new database (Usage: add file|dir [pre-path]
      [flags])
      find : Query for a pattern (Usage: find c|d|e|f|g|i|s|t name)
      c: Find functions calling this function
      d: Find functions called by this function
      e: Find this egrep pattern
      f: Find this file
      g: Find this definition
      i: Find files #including this file
      s: Find this C symbol
      t: Find assignments to

      help : Show this message (Usage: help)
      kill : Kill a connection (Usage: kill #)
      reset: Reinit all connections (Usage: reset)
      show : Show connections (Usage: show)

      It also integrates well with the various tags commands, see the help for
      the various options starting 'cscope

      Now that I've found about cscope, I don't use ctags anymore to look at
      the Vim source.

      If you wish to live wisely, ignore sayings -- including this one.