Re: How to display edited lines of the file

  • Efraim Yawitz
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2009

      On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Xian Chen <hoganxian@...> wrote:
      set cursorline
      set cursorcolumn

      This only shows where the cursor is now, not the modified lines.

    • Tim Chase
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2009
        > Is there a way to highlight modified lines while editing a file?

        I don't think there's any stand-alone way to do this, but you can
        use DiffOrig

        :help DiffOrig

        which allows you do diff the current buffer with the original
        file contents. If the diff ever gets out of sync, you can force
        a resync with ":diffupdate"

        -tim