Cygwin vim: copy/past to clipboard solved. How about cut?

  • Robert Mark Bram
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2009
      Hi All,

      Just implemented this BRILLIANT tip for copying/pasting to/from the
      windows clipboard in VIM under Cygwin.
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Using_the_Windows_clipboard_in_Cygwin_Vim

      Was trying to work out how to modify the copy function to make it cut
      instead. Originally, the copy function is:

      function! Putclip(type, ...) range
      let sel_save = &selection
      let &selection = "inclusive"
      let reg_save = @@
      if a:type == 'n'
      silent exe a:firstline . "," . a:lastline . "y"
      elseif a:type == 'c'
      silent exe a:1 . "," . a:2 . "y"
      else
      silent exe "normal! `<" . a:type . "`>y"
      endif
      call system('putclip', @@)
      let &selection = sel_save
      let @@ = reg_save
      endfunction

      I tried replacing "y" with "d", but that didn't work.. can anyone
      guide me as to how to make it cut?

      Thanks for any advice!

      Rob
      :)