Re: control up/down/left/right doing weird things

  • Robert Mark Bram
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
      > I have NO mappings in my .vimrc for C-UP, C-DOWN, C-LEFT or C-RIGHT..
      > yet:
      >
      > C-UP puts "A" on a new line
      > C-DOWN puts "B" on a new line
      > C-RIGHT puts "C" on a new line
      > C-LEFT puts "D" on a new line

      OK, don't ask me why it works, but based on a previous post on the
      same issue, I tried some experimentation and solved it.

      Based on an earlier post on a similar issue, here is some more
      information related to this.

      In insert mode, I press control-V, control-left/right/up/down. The
      result:

      control left: ^[OD
      control right: ^[[C
      control up: ^[[A
      control down: ^[[B

      I already has this in my .bash_profile:
      stty -ixon

      So then I tried putting this in my .vimrc:
      set <c-left>=^[OD
      set <c-right>=^[OC

      After that, control+left and right works now!

      But this caused an error:
      set <c-up>=^[OA
      set <c-down>=^[OB

      So.. I got what I wanted.. now to fix ALT keys..

      Rob
      :)