Re: Directory listing in (g)vim

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 30 7:18 AM
      googler wrote:

      > On Jul 29, 9:08 am, Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campb...@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      >> googler wrote:
      >>
      >>> Perhaps you misunderstood my problem. The left window is directory
      >>> listing and the right window is an open file. The left window is
      >>> active. Now I click somewhere on the _right_ window wishing to make it
      >>> the active window. This makes the directory listing disappear on the
      >>> left window and a new file opens up in its place. Assuming the line I
      >>> clicked on the right window has "abcdefgh wxyz", the name of the file
      >>> that just opened up will be "abcdefgh wxyz".
      >>>
      >>> Actually I'm not very sure with the click -- whether it's going as a
      >>> single click or a double click on my computer. You can try double
      >>> clicking if you want and see if you get the same thing.
      >>>
      >>> I'm using gvim 7.2, although I'm not sure about the netrw version.
      >>>
      >> With that request, I'm now using the following in a file called
      >> "simple.vimrc":
      >>
      >> set nocp
      >> filetype plugin indent on
      >> run netrwPlugin.vim
      >> let g:netrw_browse_split = 4
      >> let g:netrw_preview = 1
      >> let g:netrw_liststyle = 3
      >>
      >> and gvim -u simple.vimrc -U NONE .
      >>
      >> I click on a file, then <ctrl-w>hjjjj (ie. move back to the directory
      >> window,
      >> move down a bit, and then leftmouse click on the right window). The right
      >> window becomes selected; no change in the directory listing window.
      >> Double-clicking doesn't affect this.
      >>
      >> Again, I did this with netrw v136k. When you get a directory listing,
      >> on the
      >> second line of the banner at the far right appears (netrw v136k).
      >>
      >> Regards,
      >> Chip Campbell
      >>

      > Hello Dr. Chip, I have some more information on this problem. I do not
      > see this problem when I run gvim on windows. The problem I was telling
      > about earlier was on Linux. The netrw version in both cases is v132,
      > so I don't understand why it appears only in one case and not the
      > other. Can you tell me of some variables that I can check to find more
      > about this? Thanks.

      Well, I'm still advising you to upgrade to the latest netrw. The
      upgrade to netrw will go into
      your local directory, not the system directory. Since netrw comes as a
      vimball, removing it
      from your local directories is simple, too (:RmVimball netrw).

      (http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW)

      My testing was done on a Linux box (Centos 5.2). Did you try it with the
      gvim -u simple.vimrc -U NONE
      command I gave? That'll avoid any issues with interfering settings and
      other plugins.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell