mapping to cycle colorschemes?

  • Keith Kaple
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
      Anyone have a script that can be mapped to perhaps a function key that will cycle all available colorschemes?

      thanks,

      Keith

    • _sc_
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
        On Wednesday 01 July 2009 2:40 pm, Keith Kaple wrote:

        > Anyone have a script that can be mapped to perhaps a function key
        > that will cycle all available colorschemes?

        you'll get a lot of responses to that :)

        my favorite is one that started with a thread on this very list:

        http://home.swbell.net/toothpik/.vim/colorstepper.vim

        which i have mapped to some leader commands in my .vimrc with

        nnoremap <Leader>n :call Step_color()<CR>
        nnoremap <Leader>ns :source ~/.vim/colorstepper.vim<CR>
        nnoremap <Leader>o :echo g:colors_name<CR>
        nnoremap <Leader>p :call Step_color_back()<CR>

        so i can step forward and back in the list

        hth,

        sc

      • Dennis Benzinger
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
          Hi Keith!

          Am 01.07.2009 21:40, Keith Kaple schrieb:
          > Anyone have a script that can be mapped to perhaps a function key that will cycle all available colorschemes?
          > [...]

          There has been a thread about a similar question some weeks ago:

          http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/browse_frm/thread/5eda184cd9aedde7

          Hope this helps,
          Dennis Benzinger

        • Christian Brabandt
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
            Hi Keith!

            On Mi, 01 Jul 2009, Keith Kaple wrote:

            > Anyone have a script that can be mapped to perhaps a function key
            > that will cycle all available colorschemes?

            I have this for switching to a random colorscheme:

            nmap <F5> :let colors = split(globpath(&rtp, "**/colors/*.vim"),"\n")
            \<cr>:exe 'so ' . colors[localtime() % len(colors)]<cr>
            \:echomsg "Colorscheme: " . g:colors_name<cr>

            (3 lines)

            regards,
            Christian
            --