Re: "hicolor"-plugin got hickup...

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2009
      On 29/06/09 18:30, meino.cramer@... wrote:

      > Charles Campbell<Charles.E.Campbell@...> [09-06-29 18:09]:
      >>
      >> meino.cramer@... wrote:
      >>> meino.cramer@...<meino.cramer@...> [09-06-29 04:47]:

      >>> These are some typical errors while trying to use hicolor:
      >>>
      >>> Error detected while processing function<SNR>78_HandleLeftMouse:
      >>> line 9:
      >>> E121: Undefined variable: s:keepline
      >>> E15: Invalid expression: s:keepline
      >>> line 10:
      >>> E121: Undefined variable: s:keepline
      >>> E15: Invalid expression: s:keepline
      >>> Error detected while processing function<SNR>78_HandleLeftMouse..<SNR>78_SetColor:
      >>> line 34:
      >>> E121: Undefined variable: s:guispec
      >>> E15: Invalid expression: "hi ".s:colorname." cterm=NONE".attrib." ctermfg=".s:fg." ctermbg=".s:bg." ".s:guispec
      >>> line 37:
      >>> E121: Undefined variable: hicmd
      >>> E15: Invalid expression: hicmd
      >>> Press ENTER or type command to continue
      >>>
      >> Hello,
      >>
      >> I found a bug in the hicolor plugin that let "font=..." slip through.
      >> As the plugin should not be setting the font, I've fixed that. I'm not
      >> sure if that caused your problem with s:keepline, etc, as I don't see
      >> that. Those variable names mentioned in the error messages are defined
      >> and used in ftplugin/hicolors.vim. I suggest getting version 9i of the
      >> hicolor plugin
      >> (http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#HICOLORS) and
      >> re-installing it. You might want to try generating a new test
      >> colorscheme with it, too.
      >>
      >> Regards,
      >> Chip Campbell
      >
      > Hi DrChip :)
      >
      > Thanks for your superfast response and the bugfixing!!! :)
      >
      > Unfortunately I get the same response.
      > I did the following:
      > Download hicolor.vba.gz
      > vim hicolor.vba.gz
      > :so%
      > ....blurb...already...: y<return>
      > q!<return>
      > vim
      > :h hicolors
      > RMClick on a color
      >
      > KABOOOM! ;)
      >

      > Messages:
      > Error detected while processing function<SNR>78_HandleLeftMouse:
      > line 9:
      > E121: Undefined variable: s:keepline
      > E15: Invalid expression: s:keepline
      > line 10:
      > E121: Undefined variable: s:keepline
      > E15: Invalid expression: s:keepline
      > Error detected while processing function<SNR>78_HandleLeftMouse..<SNR>78_SetColor
      > :
      > line 34:
      > E121: Undefined variable: s:guispec
      > E15: Invalid expression: "hi ".s:colorname." cterm=NONE".attrib." ctermfg=".s:fg."
      > ctermbg=".s:bg." ".s:guispec
      > line 37:
      > E121: Undefined variable: hicmd
      > E15: Invalid expression: hicmd
      > Press ENTER or type command to continue

> [...]

      Next time you get those errors, get the number after <SNR> in the
      message (78 here, but it may have changed by then) and find the line by
      that number in the output of the ":scriptnames" command. What is it? In
      particular, is it for the old script (under $VIMRUNTIME somewhere) or
      the new script (under ~/.vim somewhere on Unix, or under ~/vimfiles
      somewhere on Windows)? (The line will contain the full path, after
      resolving either $VIMRUNTIME or $HOME.)

      Then ":view" (or :sview etc.) that particular script: what version
      number does it say near the top?

      On-line, adj.:
      The idea that a human being should always be accessible to a
      computer.