Re: syn match question

  • Jeri Raye
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 24, 2009
      Matt Wozniski wrote on 20-6-2009 17:17:

      > syn match pbLabel "^[[:alpha:]][[:alnum:]]*:\="
      >
      > That is, it matches an alphabetic character at beginning of line,
      > followed by any number of alphabetic or numeric characters, followed
      > by an optional colon.

      How do I change this so that:
      - anywhere a underscore character "_" (without the ") can also be seen
      as a valid pbLabel character?
      - how is the colon specified as being optional? I'm trying to duplicate
      the 'syn match line above' to differentiate between a label (which
      always has the colon) and a constant (which never has the colon). But I
      can't get figured out how to make this colon be required to be there or
      not, in stead of optional.

      To put it different:

      In the line below Witdh_1 should be a pbConstant
      Witdh_1 equ 10

      In the line below Witdh_1: should be a pbLabel
      Witdh_1: goto

      What do I then need to change to the syn match line?

      Rgds
      Jeri