Re: Opening compressed files without .gz extension

  • Keith Kaple
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2009
      Unfortunately, that doesn't work, not sure exactly why.

      This did work based on Reid's pointer, note the addtion of 'silent' in second line.

      :augroup gzo
      : autocmd!
      : autocmd BufReadPre,FileReadPre *.gzo set bin
      : autocmd BufReadPost,FileReadPost *.gzo silent '[,']!gunzip
      : autocmd BufReadPost,FileReadPost *.gzo set nobin
      : autocmd BufReadPost,FileReadPost *.gzo execute ":doautocmd BufReadPost " . expand("%:r")
      : autocmd BufWritePost,FileWritePost *.gzo !mv <afile> <afile>:r
      : autocmd BufWritePost,FileWritePost *.gzo !gzip <afile>:r

      : autocmd FileAppendPre *.gzo !gunzip <afile>
      : autocmd FileAppendPre *.gzo !mv <afile>:r <afile>
      : autocmd FileAppendPost *.gzo !mv <afile> <afile>:r
      : autocmd FileAppendPost *.gzo !gzip <afile>:r
      :augroup END