java debugging environment for vim

  • Edward Peschko
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2009
      Ok,

      I've gotten pdb up and running - and it looks good - now I'd like to
      get something
      similar up and running for java (simple tracing of code, variable printing, etc)

      Is there an integrated development environment for java available?
      Hard to believe,
      but searching on google isn't giving me much hope. I would have thought that
      it would have been one of the first platforms that someone has written for vim..

      Ed

    • Alessandro Antonello
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2009
        > I've gotten pdb up and running - and it looks good - now I'd like to
        > get something
        > similar up and running for java (simple tracing of code, variable printing, etc)
        >
        > Is there an integrated development environment for java available?
        > Hard to believe,
        > but searching on google isn't giving me much hope. I would have thought that
        > it would have been one of the first platforms that someone has written for vim..
        >
        > Ed

        Have you saw this?

        This has what you are looking for?

        Best regards.
        Alessandro Antonello

      • Edward Peschko
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2009
          Alessandro,

          Well, I was looking more for integration with jdb. it looks like the
          project handles omnicompletion , etc with java, not with integration.

          In addition, it doesn't look like it compiles cleanly on either
          centos linux or solaris..

          Ed

          On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Alessandro Antonello
          <antonello.ale@...> wrote:

          >> I've gotten pdb up and running - and it looks good - now I'd like to
          >> get something
          >> similar up and running for java (simple tracing of code, variable printing, etc)
          >>
          >> Is there an integrated development environment for java available?
          >> Hard to believe,
          >> but searching on google isn't giving me much hope. I would have thought that
          >> it would have been one of the first platforms that someone has written for vim..
          >>
          >> Ed
          >
          > Have you saw this?
          >
          > This has what you are looking for?
          >
          > Best regards.
          > Alessandro Antonello

        • Edward Peschko
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2009
            On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Edward Peschko <horos11@...> wrote:
            > Alessandro,
            >
            > Well, I was looking more for integration with jdb. it looks like the
            > project handles omnicompletion , etc with java, not with ingegration.

            ( ps - make that 'not with jdb' )

            Ed