Re: Vim__ Slow to Load (Why?)

  • Chris Mueller
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
      2009/5/30 Dominique Pellé <dominique.pelle@...>

      Chris Mueller skribis:

      > Hola.  I just upgraded from ubuntu 8.04 to 9.04, and have some fresh odd
      > behavior...
      >

      > In gnome terminal...
      > cmueller.cmueller-ubu.~>time vim -u NONE -U NONE -c q
      >
      > real    0m0.028s
      > user    0m0.016s
      > sys    0m0.008s
      > cmueller.cmueller-ubu.~>time vim -X -u NONE -U NONE -c q
      >
      > real    0m0.017s
      > user    0m0.012s
      > sys    0m0.000s
      >
      > Thats fine... In a "tilda" terminal...
      >
      > cmueller.cmueller-ubu.scripts>time vim -u NONE -U NONE -c q
      >
      > real    0m6.030s
      > user    0m0.008s
      > sys     0m0.008s
      > cmueller.cmueller-ubu.scripts>time vim -X -u NONE -U NONE -c q
      >
      > real    0m0.018s
      > user    0m0.012s
      > sys     0m0.008s
      >

      > Anyone know What would cause this? I could just alias vim to always start
      > with -X.. but that rubs me as a dirty solution...
      >
      > Thanks,
      >     Chris

      Maybe your DISPLAY environment variable is not properly set
      (which would cause Vim to timeout when trying to connect to
      the X server).

      What happens when you try to run other X applications, such as
      xclock or xload?

      -- Dominique

      It appears to be a bug in Tilda; I moved to Guake and all appears fine.   My apologies as this was not a vim issue.  I'll poke around and shoot an email at someone to report it if I can't find anything else on the net.

      Thanks,
          Chris