Cannot visit vim tips wiki

  • wilson.m.liu@convergys.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009

      I found that I cannot visit http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Automatic_scrolling_of_text. Recently, I tried many times to
      connect to vim wiki, however failed. I don't know why, and if there is any other way to get the information.

      Thanks,
      Wilson

    • John Beckett
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
        wilson.m.liu wrote:
        > I found that I cannot visit
        > http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Automatic_scrolling_of_text.
        > Recently, I tried many times to connect to vim wiki, however
        > failed. I don't know why, and if there is any other way to
        > get the information.

        Please give some explanation when you say you cannot do
        something. You might mean you don't have an Internet connection,
        or your DNS server is broken, or any of a hundred other things.

        Start by describing exactly what you do and what happens. Is
        there an error message?

        OTOH if you are in China, you may be blocked from visiting
        wikia.com.

        John

      • wilson.m.liu@convergys.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
          vim_use@... wrote on 06/01/2009 05:23:54 PM:

          > wilson.m.liu wrote:
          > > I found that I cannot visit
          > > http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Automatic_scrolling_of_text.
          > > Recently, I tried many times to connect to vim wiki, however
          > > failed. I don't know why, and if there is any other way to
          > > get the information.
          >
          > Please give some explanation when you say you cannot do
          > something. You might mean you don't have an Internet connection,
          > or your DNS server is broken, or any of a hundred other things.
          >
          > Start by describing exactly what you do and what happens. Is
          > there an error message?
          >
          > OTOH if you are in China, you may be blocked from visiting
          > wikia.com.
          >
          > John

          Thank you. I have found the reason why I cannot connect to wikia.com.
          Well, I will give more detailed explanation when in such situation.