Re: Measuring file edit time

    Message 1 of 9 , May 30, 2009
      On 23/05/09 02:08, Steve Hall wrote:

      > On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 23:27 +0200, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      >>
      >> In addition to everything suggested by other people, you might want
      >> to take a look at the |:profile| command. However, it requires the
      >> |+profile| feature, which means a Huge build, which in turn probably
      >> means compiling Vim yourself (Steve Hall's "Vim without Cream"
      >> Windows distribution is only a "Big" build).
      >
      > Hmm, not sure why I've been missing that until now, but have updated
      > to fix this and now have made available a "huge" build with +profile.

      Not 100% sure, but ISTR that profiling tools (the only feature present
      in Huge but not Big builds) used to be regarded as the kind of stuff
      needed only by developers, who would already be subscribed to vim-dev
      and compiling their own Vim, possibly with some other esoteric stuff.
      For "ordinary users" that feature was (IIRC) regarded as "unneeded bloat".

      Ban the bomb. Save the world for conventional warfare.