tab order

  • netimen
    Message 1 of 10 , May 27 8:40 AM
      Now when I use gt command I go to the tab to the right. Can I
      configure vim to go to the tab last used (like in opera browser)?
    • alberto
      Message 2 of 10 , May 27 9:03 AM
        Hi!,

        try with gT.

        Saludos

        Message 3 of 10 , May 27 9:28 AM
          thanks, but I mean another thing. I have 5 tabs and I use 2-nd and 4-
          th. I want gt jumping from 2-nd tab to 4-th, not to 3-d, and then from
          4-th back to 2-nd. So the tab order is not left--right, but most
          recently used -- less recently used
          On 27 май, 20:03, alberto <artel...@...> wrote:
          > Hi!,
          >
          > try with gT.
          >
          > Saludos
          >
          > 2009/5/27 netimen <neti...@...>
          >

          > > Now when I use gt command I go to the tab to the right. Can I
          > > configure vim to go to the tab last used (like in opera browser)?
        • John Beckett
          Message 4 of 10 , May 27 7:09 PM
            REMINDER TO ALL:

            Please bottom post on this list. Quote a small (relevant) part
            of the message you are replying to, and put your text underneath.

            See
            http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/web/vim-information

            John

          • Chris Bannister
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 6, 2009
              On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 12:09:08PM +1000, John Beckett wrote:

              > REMINDER TO ALL:
              >
              > Please bottom post on this list. Quote a small (relevant) part
              > of the message you are replying to, and put your text underneath.
              >
              > See
              > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/web/vim-information

              Trimming [1], ie. cutting of unneeded content in replies is also
              generally prefered.

              As is inline replying [2].

              Use common sense to make it as simple as possible to others to read your
              post. Most people on this list have the thread present (either in their
              mail program or via the web) and therefore it is _not_ wanted to resend
              the whole conversation over and over again (as is common practise in
              some commercial environments).

              [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Trimming_and_reformatting
              [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Inline_replying

              --
              Chris.
              ======

            • Roberto Miura Honji
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 9, 2009
                2009/5/27 netimen <netimen@...>

                thanks, but I mean another thing. I have 5 tabs and I use 2-nd and 4-
                th. I want gt jumping from 2-nd tab to 4-th, not to 3-d, and then from
                4-th back to 2-nd. So the tab order is not left--right, but most
                recently used -- less recently used
                I have the follow lines on my vimrc:

                let g:tabPrevious=1
                command! -nargs=0 -complete=file -range TabToggle execute "tabnext " . g:tabPrevious
                au Tableave * let g:tabPrevious=tabpagenr()

                Now you can map :TabToggle to any key. Example:
                map <F2> :TabToggle<CR>

                I think that it can resolve your problem.

                On 27 май, 20:03, alberto <artel...@...> wrote:
                > Hi!,
                >
                > try with gT.
                >
                > Saludos
                >
                > 2009/5/27 netimen <neti...@...>
                >

                > > Now when I use gt command I go to the tab to the right. Can I
                > > configure vim to go to the tab last used (like in opera browser)?

                Roberto Miura Honji
                LAS - Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas
                Engenharia de Computação - 2006
                Instituto de Computação - UNICAMP

                email: miurahonji@... (principal)
                email: ra064201@...
                msn:   miurahonji@...

              • shawn wilson
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 27, 2013
                  How do i change the order of tabs? I don't see any other way but
                  closing it and opening a buffer in a newly created tab? I guess I
                  could create / find a script that would splice -1 and splice 1 the tab
                  where i wanted it by moving buffers around - did I miss something? Is
                  there an internal vim command to do this?

                • Christian Brabandt
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 27, 2013
                    On Wed, February 27, 2013 15:45, shawn wilson wrote:
                    > How do i change the order of tabs? I don't see any other way but
                    > closing it and opening a buffer in a newly created tab? I guess I
                    > could create / find a script that would splice -1 and splice 1 the tab
                    > where i wanted it by moving buffers around - did I miss something? Is
                    > there an internal vim command to do this?

                    Are you looking for
                    :tabmove
                    ?

                    regards,
                    Christian

                  • shawn wilson
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 27, 2013
                      heh, now I feel stupid. thanks

                      On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
                      > On Wed, February 27, 2013 15:45, shawn wilson wrote:
                      >> How do i change the order of tabs? I don't see any other way but
                      >> closing it and opening a buffer in a newly created tab? I guess I
                      >> could create / find a script that would splice -1 and splice 1 the tab
                      >> where i wanted it by moving buffers around - did I miss something? Is
                      >> there an internal vim command to do this?
                      >>

                      > Are you looking for
                      > :tabmove
                      > ?
                      >
                      > regards,
                      > Christian

                      > ---

                    • Shital
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 27, 2013
                        Here is what i'm using

                        function! MoveCurrentTab(value)
                        if a:value == 0
                        return
                        endif
                        let move = a:value - 1
                        let move_to = tabpagenr() + move
                        if move_to < 0
                        let move_to = 0
                        endif
                        exe 'tabmove '.move_to
                        endfunction

                        map <silent> <A-S-j> :call MoveCurrentTab(-1)<Esc>
                        map <silent> <A-S-k> :call MoveCurrentTab(1)<Esc>