Re: listchars

    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2009
      On 02/05/09 04:32, John Beckett wrote:

      > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      >>> Just leave out the 'eol'. See:
      >>> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Highlight_unwanted_spaces
      >>
      >> That won't work, it will use the default, which is a dollar sign.
      >
      > Are you sure that's true for current Vim? I rarely use
      > listchars, but the following seems to show tabs and nothing
      > for eol:
      >
      > :set list listchars=tab:>-
      >
      > John

      I tried, and you're right. Then I checked the help, and it's documented
      the way you say it. What's more, in 6.0.0 it was already documented the
      way you say it, and I never used Vim 5, so I wasn't confusing it with an
      older status of the same option.

      Score one for blabbering away without checking the docs.

      If all be true that I do think,
      There be Five Reasons why one should Drink;
      Good friends, good wine, or being dry,
      Or lest we should be by-and-by,
      Or any other reason why.