RE: listchars

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 7:32 PM
      Tony Mechelynck wrote:
      >> Just leave out the 'eol'. See:
      >> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Highlight_unwanted_spaces
      >
      > That won't work, it will use the default, which is a dollar sign.

      Are you sure that's true for current Vim? I rarely use
      listchars, but the following seems to show tabs and nothing
      for eol:

      :set list listchars=tab:>-

      John

      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 8:39 PM
        On 02/05/09 04:32, John Beckett wrote:

        > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
        >>> Just leave out the 'eol'. See:
        >>> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Highlight_unwanted_spaces
        >>
        >> That won't work, it will use the default, which is a dollar sign.
        >
        > Are you sure that's true for current Vim? I rarely use
        > listchars, but the following seems to show tabs and nothing
        > for eol:
        >
        > :set list listchars=tab:>-
        >
        > John

        I tried, and you're right. Then I checked the help, and it's documented
        the way you say it. What's more, in 6.0.0 it was already documented the
        way you say it, and I never used Vim 5, so I wasn't confusing it with an
        older status of the same option.

        Score one for blabbering away without checking the docs.

        If all be true that I do think,
        There be Five Reasons why one should Drink;
        Good friends, good wine, or being dry,
        Or lest we should be by-and-by,
        Or any other reason why.