Re: Please tell me how to do use cscope or ctag with php

  • David Fishburn
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2009
      On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 3:37 AM, SamPeng <sampeng87@...> wrote:
      >    my cscope and ctag don't working with php.
      >    use C-] don't jump any function or var.Have one error:don't have this
      > tags.
      >   ctag -R and cscope -R I test this cmd.not have any help.

      What OS are you running this on?

      I usually do the following:
      cd /root/dir/where/php/is

      dir /s/b *.php > cscope.files (Windows)
      find -name *.php > cscope.files (Unix)

      cscope -b (create the cscope database)

      In Vim:
      :cd /root/dir/where/php/is
      :cs add cscope.out . -C
      " I use the -C for case insensitivity

      Then I primarily use these 2 mappings:
      nnoremap g<C-\> :silent! cs find 0
      <C-R>=expand("<cword>")<CR><CR>:cwindow<CR>
      vnoremap <silent> g<c-\> :<C-U>
      \:let old_reg=getreg('"')<bar>
      \:let old_regmode=getregtype('"')<cr>
      \gvy
      \:silent! cs find s <C-R>=@"<cr><cr>
      \:call setreg('"', old_reg, old_regmode)<cr>:cwindow<CR>

      Notice this is using the cs find command, since cscope doesn't
      understand PHP, it can be used to find the methods and what not
      though. I do the same for SQL files and Perl.

      You can map the above to anything you want, it is hard to find key
      combinations which are not already useful though!

      HTH,
      Dave

    • SamPeng
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2009
        Oh~!
        Thank you this detail help.they are many helpful for me.
        yes.I solve this question..I to google this quesstion has 2 days.Thank you help me saving many time to programe

        2009/5/1 David Fishburn <dfishburn.vim@...>

        On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 3:37 AM, SamPeng <sampeng87@...> wrote:
        >    my cscope and ctag don't working with php.
        >    use C-] don't jump any function or var.Have one error:don't have this
        > tags.
        >   ctag -R and cscope -R I test this cmd.not have any help.

        What OS are you running this on?

        I usually do the following:
           cd /root/dir/where/php/is

           dir /s/b *.php  > cscope.files    (Windows)
           find -name *.php > cscope.files   (Unix)

           cscope -b (create the cscope database)

        In Vim:
           :cd /root/dir/where/php/is
           :cs add cscope.out . -C
           " I use the -C for case insensitivity

        Then I primarily use these 2 mappings:
           nnoremap g<C-\> :silent! cs find 0
        <C-R>=expand("<cword>")<CR><CR>:cwindow<CR>
           vnoremap <silent> g<c-\> :<C-U>
                         \:let old_reg=getreg('"')<bar>
                         \:let old_regmode=getregtype('"')<cr>
                         \gvy
                         \:silent! cs find s <C-R>=@"<cr><cr>
                         \:call setreg('"', old_reg, old_regmode)<cr>:cwindow<CR>

        Notice this is using the cs find command, since cscope doesn't
        understand PHP, it can be used to find the methods and what not
        though.  I do the same for SQL files and Perl.

        You can map the above to anything you want, it is hard to find key
        combinations which are not already useful though!

        HTH,
        Dave

      • Nicolas Sebrecht
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2009
          On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 08:25:18AM -0400, David Fishburn wrote:

          > find -name *.php > cscope.files (Unix)

          Shouldn't be
          find -name '*.php' > cscope.files
          ?

          % tree
          .
          |-- b.c
          |-- y
          | `-- r.c
          `-- z
          `-- b.c
          % find -name *.c
          ./b.c
          ./z/b.c
          % find -name '*.c'
          ./b.c
          ./z/b.c
          ./y/r.c
          %

          --
          Nicolas Sebrecht

        • Nicolas Sebrecht
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2009
            On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 08:25:18AM -0400, David Fishburn wrote:

            > find -name *.php > cscope.files (Unix)

            Shouldn't be
            find -name '*.php' > cscope.files
            ?

            % tree
            .
            |-- b.c
            |-- y
            | `-- r.c
            `-- z
            `-- b.c
            % find -name *.c
            ./b.c
            ./z/b.c
            % find -name '*.c'
            ./b.c
            ./z/b.c
            ./y/r.c
            %

            --
            Nicolas Sebrecht

            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2009
              On 01/05/09 22:33, SamPeng wrote:
              > Oh~!
              > Thank you this detail help.they are many helpful for me.
              > yes.I solve this question..I to google this quesstion has 2 days.Thank
              > you help me saving many time to programe
              [...]

              This may come as a surprise to you, but on the topic of Vim, and topics
              related to it, Google is rarely the best place to find help.

              The places to find Vim help are:
              - Vim's own help system (using the :help command, possibly with help tag
              completion, and the :helpgrep command)
              see:
              :help
              :help :help
              :help {subject}
              :help 'wildmenu'
              :help 'wildmode'
              :help :helpgrep

              - The Vim Tips Wiki http://vim.wikia.com/

              - This mailing list / Google group.

              I'm listing them in the order in which I recommend checking them. This
              ML may have more answers than the other two together, but unlike them,
              it depends on the constant goodwill of flesh-and-bones people, while the
              other two are their accumulated knowledge and require only minimal updating.

              If you took all the students that fell asleep in class and laid them
              end to end, they'd be a lot more comfortable.
              -- "Graffiti in the Big Ten"