Re: runtimepath question

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2009
      On 24/04/09 10:54, dr-dr xp wrote:

      > On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Dennis Benzinger
      > <Dennis.Benzinger@... <mailto:Dennis.Benzinger@...>> wrote:
      >

      > Am 23.04.2009 12:39, Manfred Lotz schrieb:
      > them in
      > ~/.vim tree.

      > >> Use the excellent online help and read :help 'runtimepath'.
      > There is an
      > >> example.
      > >>

      > > I had read it and tried to prepend ~/.vimtest like this
      > > set runtimepath=~/.vimtest,$VIMRUNTIME
      > >
      > > in my ~/.vimrc.
      > >
      > > However, it seemed that $VIMRUNTIME is not the same as runtimepath.
      > >
      > > I couldn't find out how to specify runtimepath instead of
      > $VIMRUNTIME in
      > > above statement.
      > >
      > > set runtimepath=~/.vimtest,runtimepath
      > > didn't do it.
      >
      > Ah, sorry, that's your problem.
      >
      > You can append something to runtimepath by using
      >
      > set runtimepath+=bla
      >
      > or if you have to add it to the front you can use
      >
      > exec "set rtp=bla," . &rtp
      >

      > just use this:
      >
      > let &rtp = "somewhere".&rtp
      >
      > to avoid using ugly execute statement
      >

      > or if you want to add something somewhere in the middle then you'll have
      > to query the current value with &rtp, use split() to get the individual
      > paths as a list, modify the list, use join() to turn it into a comma
      > separated string and finally set it by assigning to &rtp.
      >

      > HTH,
      > Dennis Benzinger

      Actually, it's even simpler than that:

      :set rtp^=~/.vimtest

      will append "~/.vimtest" in front of the 'runtimepath' option, also
      adding a comma if the value wasn't empty.

      See
      :help :set^=

      Gnagloot, n.:
      A person who leaves all his ski passes on his jacket just to
      impress people.
      -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"