Re: digraphs available in gvim but not vim

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2009
      On 23/04/09 01:20, Vera, Pedro L. wrote:

      > Hello:
      > I want to enter the greek letter 'mu' in my text. I can't see the digraph using vim console (get a number of question marks next to character codes), however, I can easily see them using gvim.
      >
      > Aside from using gvim for this particular file, is there another solution so that I can use the digraphs in vim console?
      >
      > By the way, I'm running vim in my Linux (AntiX; debian derivative) system.
      >
      > thanks.
      >
      > Pedro

      There are at least two different characters for mu. One of them, U+00B5,
      is part of ISO-8859-1 aka Latin1; I suppose it could be used in µA for
      microampere, and any terminal capable of displaying Latin1 ought to have
      it in its repertoire. The other, U+03BC, is among the letters of the
      Greek alphabet (between lambda, U+03BB, and nu, U+03BD); I suppose it
      would be used when writing Greek text, or even just Greek words in Greek
      script.

      With my gvim, and my keyboard, I get "Latin mu" by hitting the µ key on
      the keyboard, "Greek mu" by the digraph combination Ctrl-K m * (in
      Insert mode in both cases).

      Megaton Man: "LOOK at them! Helpless, tender creatures, relying on
      ME, waiting for ME to make my move!"

      (from below): "Move your ASS, Fat-head!"

      Megaton Man: "It is a MANDATE, and I am DUTY BOUND to OBEY!"