Re: Can netrw save the bookmark or history of directory

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2009
      Ricky wrote:
      > Hi, all
      > I want netrw save my favorite or history directory when vim startup
      > next time, then i can use the bookmark which i saved.
      > Can netrw do like this?
      Try using the latest netrw (v136h); earlier versions tried using vim's
      built-in viminfo way to save bookmarks and history with
      capitalized global variables, but unfortunately, retention of bookmarks
      and history via that method was unreliable. The
      current netrw saves bookmarks and history to .vim/.netrwbook and
      .vim/.netrwhist, respectively.

      Read :he netrw-bookmarks, netrw-u, and netrw-U. Also, if you use gvim
      and have menu support, then "Bookmarks", "History", and
      "Bookmarks and History" on the pull-down menu.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell