Re: Set the buffer name of a scratch buffer

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
      On 01/04/09 04:15, Ben Fritz wrote:

      >> This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended
      >> addressee. It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
      >> the subject of legal or other privilege, none of which is waived or
      >> lost by reason of this transmission.
      >> If the receiver is not the intended addressee, please accept our
      >> apologies, notify us by return, delete all copies and perform no
      >> other act on the email.
      >> Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been
      >> altered or corrupted during transmission.
      >
      > http://groups.google.com/group/vim_use/web/vim-information
      >
      > This legal mumbo jumbo means nothing (How exactly am I supposed to
      > return an email to the sender? Do you really want us to delete your
      > post, since I doubt this disclaimer covers the hundreds (thousands?)
      > on this list?) and is actually more annoying to me than top posting
      > ever will be.
      >
      > If possible, please either disable this legalese on your messages to
      > this group, or post to this group from a personal email rather than
      > your company email.

      At worst, I suppose it is always possible (though not necessary
      convenient) to use the Google Groups web interface.

      However, my standpoint towards company disclaimers is approximately what
      was finally adhered to towards top-posting-only email devices: tolerate
      them, maybe shrug about this shtoop'd bandwasting legalese, and trim
      them off with no compunctions when replying.

      OLD WOMAN: King of the WHO?
      ARTHUR: The Britons.
      OLD WOMAN: Who are the Britons?
      PICTURES LTD