Re: How to do this?

  • StarWing
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
      > I have hundreds of rows in a files like:
      >
      > ALTER TABLE "PCDTST"."ACCOUNTINGSTATUS" ADD CONSTRAINT
      > "PK_ACCOUNTINGSTATUS" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCOUNTINGSTATUS") USING INDEX  PCTFREE
      > 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1  FREELIST
      > GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "PESDBO_INDEXES" LOGGING ENABLE ;
      >
      > how can I change to: (just delet 'USING' clause till ';' in each line)
      >
      > ALTER TABLE "PCDTST"."ACCOUNTINGSTATUS" ADD CONSTRAINT
      > "PK_ACCOUNTINGSTATUS" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCOUNTINGSTATUS");

      maybe
      :%s/USING \zs[^;]\ze;//g

      or
      :%s/USING \zs.\{-}\ze\s*;\s*$//g

      you can choose one for try...
    • andalou
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
        On Mar 1, 12:40 pm, andalou <cesar.rom...@...> wrote:
        > On Mar 1, 11:46 am, vimlover <dawangsh...@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Hello,
        >
        > > I have hundreds of rows in a files like:
        >
        > > ALTER TABLE "PCDTST"."ACCOUNTINGSTATUS" ADD CONSTRAINT
        > > "PK_ACCOUNTINGSTATUS" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCOUNTINGSTATUS") USING INDEX PCTFREE
        > > 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST
        > > GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "PESDBO_INDEXES" LOGGING ENABLE ;
        >
        > > how can I change to: (just delet 'USING' clause till ';' in each line)
        >
        > > ALTER TABLE "PCDTST"."ACCOUNTINGSTATUS" ADD CONSTRAINT
        > > "PK_ACCOUNTINGSTATUS" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCOUNTINGSTATUS");
        >
        > > Thank you
        > > vimlover
        >
        > > --
        >
        > :%s/ USING.*/
        >
        > Regards,
        > Cesar

        I've forgotten something:
        :%s/ USING.*/;

        Regards,
        Cesar
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2009
          Thank you all very much for help.
          Regards
          vimlover

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 2, 2009
            On 01/03/09 18:41, StarWing wrote:

            >> I have hundreds of rows in a files like:
            >>
            >> ALTER TABLE "PCDTST"."ACCOUNTINGSTATUS" ADD CONSTRAINT
            >> "PK_ACCOUNTINGSTATUS" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCOUNTINGSTATUS") USING INDEX PCTFREE
            >> 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST
            >> GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "PESDBO_INDEXES" LOGGING ENABLE ;
            >>
            >> how can I change to: (just delet 'USING' clause till ';' in each line)
            >>
            >> ALTER TABLE "PCDTST"."ACCOUNTINGSTATUS" ADD CONSTRAINT
            >> "PK_ACCOUNTINGSTATUS" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCOUNTINGSTATUS");
            >
            > maybe
            > :%s/USING \zs[^;]\ze;//g
            >
            > or
            > :%s/USING \zs.\{-}\ze\s*;\s*$//g
            >
            > you can choose one for try...

            Due to \zs, the above won't remove the USING word itself.

            The command

            :%s/\<USING\>\_.\{-}\ze;//g

            will delete everywhere from USING (included) to the _first_ following
            semicolon (excluded) regardless of how many or how few intervening
            linebreaks there might be. USING must be present as a separate word:
            something like HOUSING won't trigger the substitute.

            Note the use of:
            \< start of word
            \> end of word
            \_. anything including a linebreak
            \{-} 0 or more, as few as possible
            \ze the replaceable match ends here
            g flag any number of times on a line

            This assumes that quoted semicolons (which we must skip) won't happen
            among the operands of USING.

            Bestregards,
            Toilet Toupee, n.:
            Any shag carpet that causes the lid to become top-heavy, thus
            creating endless annoyance to male users.
            -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"