Re: in gVim, can the cursor be fixed and no moving?

  • eliweiqiang
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 1, 2009
      It doesn't matter.Thank you all the same.
      And thanks for Ben's reminding, I am new here. :-)

      On Mar 1, 5:05 am, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@...>
      wrote:
      > On 28/02/09 21:47, Ben Fritz wrote:
      >

      > > On Feb 28, 7:22 am, Tony Mechelynck<antoine.mechely...@...>
      > > wrote:

      > >> On Win32 just like on other platforms, in Vim it is not possible to have
      > >> the current cursor move out of view. In this respect the behaviour is
      > >> platform-independent; please reread the rest of this thread.
      >
      > > Tony, I think eliweiqiang was asking for a script similar to what
      > > Albie wrote for X11.
      >
      > Ah, sorry. I had archived earlier posts, and I remembered the general
      > trend, but not Albie's script, so, as eliweiqiang snipped everything,
      > all I had to go with was the subject and what he posted here. Duh.
      >

      > > eliweiqiang, if you BOTTOM POST WHEN ASKING QUESTIONS ON THIS LIST, as
      > > people have been reminding posters again and again in the past month
      > > or so, you question could be understood much easier.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Tony.
      > --
      > You'd better beat it.  You can leave in a taxi.  If you can't get a
      > taxi, you can leave in a huff.  If that's too soon, you can leave in a
      > minute and a huff.
      >                 -- Groucho Marx
    • bill lam
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 1, 2009
        On Sun, 01 Mar 2009, eliweiqiang wrote:

        > And thanks for Ben's reminding, I am new here. :-)
        >
        > > On 28/02/09 21:47, Ben Fritz wrote:
        > > > eliweiqiang, if you BOTTOM POST WHEN ASKING QUESTIONS ON THIS LIST, as
        > > > people have been reminding posters again and again in the past month
        > > > or so, you question could be understood much easier.

        Are you sure you understood what Ben had said?

        --
        regards,
        GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24

      • Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 1, 2009
          Saluton eliweiqiang :)

          On Sun 1 Mar 2009 16:02 +0100, eliweiqiang <e...@...> dixit:
          > It doesn't matter.Thank you all the same.
          > And thanks for Ben's reminding, I am new here.   :-)
          [...]
          >> > eliweiqiang, if you BOTTOM POST WHEN ASKING QUESTIONS ON THIS LIST, as
          >> > people have been reminding posters again and again in the past month
          >> > or so, you question could be understood much easier.

          Please, *bottom post*. That means that your reply has to be *BELOW* the
          replied text (the quoted part). Just like this message.

          When bottom-posting, the replies are ordered top to bottom and
          cronologically, making easier to follow the conversations :)

        • eliweiqiang
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 1, 2009
            On Mar 2, 12:03 am, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
            > Saluton eliweiqiang :)
            >
            > On Sun 1 Mar 2009 16:02 +0100, eliweiqiang <e...@...> dixit:
            >
            > > It doesn't matter.Thank you all the same.
            > > And thanks for Ben's reminding, I am new here.   :-)
            > [...]
            >
            > Please, *bottom post*. That means that your reply has to be *BELOW* the
            > replied text (the quoted part). Just like this message.
            >
            > When bottom-posting, the replies are ordered top to bottom and
            > cronologically, making easier to follow the conversations :)

            Oh!Now I see!
            :)