Re: Align doesn 't work

  • Charles E. Campbell, Jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
      andalou wrote:
      > I want to align the following text having the blank as a separator:
      >
      > m n p
      > a $1 $2
      > bc €3 €4
      > def €5 €6
      > gh €7 €8
      >
      > but it aligns from the third row downwards.

      You'll want to read

      :help g:align-option for how to align with multibyte characters, and
      you'll want to read
      :help alignctrl-separators for alignment restrictions concerning spaces
      in separators, and
      :help alignmap-tsp for a map that works around that constraint.

      In short:

      :let g:Align_xstrlen= 1
      V...\tsp

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

    • andalou
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
        On Mar 1, 8:30 am, "Charles E. Campbell, Jr."
        <drc...@...> wrote:
        > andalou wrote:
        > > I want to align the following text having the blank as a separator:
        >
        > > m n p
        > > a $1 $2
        > > bc €3 €4
        > > def €5 €6
        > > gh €7 €8
        >
        > > but it aligns from the third row downwards.
        >
        > You'll want to read
        >
        > :help g:align-option for how to align with multibyte characters, and
        > you'll want to read
        > :help alignctrl-separators for alignment restrictions concerning spaces
        > in separators, and
        > :help alignmap-tsp for a map that works around that constraint.
        >
        > In short:
        >
        > :let g:Align_xstrlen= 1
        > V...\tsp
        >
        > Regards,
        > Chip Campbell

        Many thanks Dr Chip, it works.
        I was using an old version of Align. I updated it to the new version
        but whenever I want to edit a file I'm getting the following messages:

        ---------------------
        Error detected while processing C:\Programmi\Vim\vimfiles\plugin
        \AlignMapsPlugin.
        vim:
        line 68:
        E227: mapping already exists for \a?
        line 69:
        E227: mapping already exists for \a,
        line 70:
        E227: mapping already exists for \a<
        line 71:
        E227: mapping already exists for \a=
        line 72:
        E227: mapping already exists for \abox
        line 158:
        E227: mapping already exists for \tt
        ---------------------

        Many thanks in advance.
        Cesar
      • Charles E. Campbell, Jr.
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
          andalou wrote:
          > On Mar 1, 8:30 am, "Charles E. Campbell, Jr."
          > <drc...@...> wrote:
          >
          >> andalou wrote:
          >>
          >>> I want to align the following text having the blank as a separator:
          >>>
          >>> m n p
          >>> a $1 $2
          >>> bc €3 €4
          >>> def €5 €6
          >>> gh €7 €8
          >>>
          >>> but it aligns from the third row downwards.
          >>>
          >> You'll want to read
          >>
          >> :help g:align-option for how to align with multibyte characters, and
          >> you'll want to read
          >> :help alignctrl-separators for alignment restrictions concerning spaces
          >> in separators, and
          >> :help alignmap-tsp for a map that works around that constraint.
          >>
          >> In short:
          >>
          >> :let g:Align_xstrlen= 1
          >> V...\tsp
          >>
          >> Regards,
          >> Chip Campbell
          >>

          > Many thanks Dr Chip, it works.
          > I was using an old version of Align. I updated it to the new version
          > but whenever I want to edit a file I'm getting the following messages:
          >
          > ---------------------
          > Error detected while processing C:\Programmi\Vim\vimfiles\plugin
          > \AlignMapsPlugin.
          > vim:
          > line 68:
          > E227: mapping already exists for \a?
          > line 69:
          > E227: mapping already exists for \a,
          > line 70:
          > E227: mapping already exists for \a<
          > line 71:
          > E227: mapping already exists for \a=
          > line 72:
          > E227: mapping already exists for \abox
          > line 158:
          > E227: mapping already exists for \tt

          Sounds like you've got the AlignMaps plugin in two different places; on
          the other hand, its got code in it to prevent double loading.
          I suggest that you remove all the Align/AlignMaps plugin components and
          then re-install it.

          Regards,
          Chip Campbell