Re: Save compiler output from :make to a file

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2009
      On Feb 27, 1:58 pm, Gary Johnson <garyj...@...> wrote:

      > So, you don't need to use an autocommand to set 'shellpipe' unless
      > you want vim to determine the initial value according to your
      > 'shell'.

      Yes, that was the idea. I didn't want to bother figuring out the
      current value of 'shellpipe' or figuring out why 'make' wasn't working
      if I ever switch shells or use my .vimrc on another machine.

      > If you set it as I did, you can continue to use "-c
      > make!".

      This is true...but I found another workaround. Instead of "-c make!" I
      just use '-c "autocmd VimEnter * make!"' (it's actually done inside an
      alias so it takes no more effort this way).