Re: ctags taglist prompt for multiple matches not appearing by default in vi

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2009
      On Feb 4, 4:02 am, ashjas <ash...@...> wrote:
      > Thanks very much pansz... g<C-]> key strokes did the trick...
      >
      > but is there any way of making this behaviour the default for vim???
      > i.e at pressing <c-]>  only...
      >
      > Thanks for the help...

      First, please bottom post, as everyone responding to your post has
      done.

      Secondly, to solve your problem, see :help 'cscopetagorder' and :help
      cscopetag

      Specifically, I have the following to always use :cstag (i.e. prompt
      if multiple matches) and search the ctags file first (because I don't
      actually use cscope):

      " prompt for which tag if multiple tags found (search tags first since
      I don't
      " even have Cscope)
      set cscopetag
      set cscopetagorder=1