Re: How to restore buffer list when vim start with a file name?

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009
      On 04/02/09 05:00, pansz wrote:
      > Tony Mechelynck 写道:
      >>> How can I show v:oldfiles in the buffer list?
      >> Have you tried ":ls!" with exclamation mark? (Unlike ":ls" without
      >> exclamation mark, it lists also the so-called "unlisted" buffers.)
      >>

      > That's not quite different, :ls! or :ls list buffers, and I can use the
      > plugin BufExplorer to explore the buffer.
      >
      > However, if I start vim with a file name, the buffer list is cleared.
      > I'm trying to find a way to preserve buffer list between vim sessions
      > regardless of how I start my vim.
      >
      > v:oldfiles list something, but it is not the saved buffer list and
      > cannot be used as a buffer list in BufExplorer.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.

      Well, you can paste v:oldfiles, e.g. with

      "=string(v:oldfiles)<CR>p

      where <CR> means "hit Enter". Then, if you wish, you can put each
      filepathname on its own line, replacing commas by linebreaks, by

      and remove the leading [ and the trailing ] by

      He wasn't much of an actor, he wasn't much of a Governor -- Hell, they
      HAD to make him President of the United States. It's the only job he's
      qualified for!
      -- Michael Cain