Is it possible to add a visible line at the wrapping place?

  • loudking
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
      Hi,

      I know that I could use "set textwidth" command to wrap texts
      automatically in vim,

      but I also that it would be handy if I could see a visible and
      vertical line at that place.

      Would anybody tell me if this could be done?

      Thanks in advance!
    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
        On Feb 3, 10:16 am, loudking <loudk...@...> wrote:

        > I know that I could use "set textwidth" command to wrap texts
        > automatically in vim,
        >
        > but I also that it would be handy if I could see a visible and
        > vertical line at that place.
        >
        > Would anybody tell me if this could be done?

        This has been answered many times before.

        So, to be brief: kind of. See http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Highlight_long_lines
        or do a search on this list.