Re: how other apps handles non-ASCII IM with CTRL keys (how does russians use vim-2) ?

  • bill lam
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
      On Mon, 02 Feb 2009, Anton Sharonov wrote:
      > in case you press CONTROLLED key. xterm seems to ignore the fact,
      > that keyboard is switched to Russian and sends to the application
      > just the CTRL+<ASCII keycode> of the pressed key. In GVIM I see
      > that controlled key sends just it's unmodified Cyrillic value. So

      Thank you. I installed the russian keyboard and played for a very
      short period of time. I think that xterm is more logical and useful,
      while gvim seems to be buggy in the case. I also tried another gtk+
      based editor "geany" it interprets ctrl-C/ctrl-V correctly without the
      need to toggle_shift to latin. May be russians should also ask Bram
      to patch gvim related to meta keys.

      --
      regards,
      GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24