RE: Powershell files (.ps1) not being detected correctly

  • John Beckett
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
      Guillermo wrote:
      > Exactly, I get an error saying that I don't have access to
      > the files (as a regular user).

      In Windows, your desktop is part of your profile, and all files have
      permissions that prevent other general users reading the files. Moving
      those files to some other directory will KEEP the permissions. If you
      had COPIED the files they would have received new permissions (probably
      the simplest would be to do that now; move the files out of the
      directory, then copy them back).

      John

    • Guillermo
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2009
        That's a nasty gotcha... It worked! Thanks!

        On Feb 2, 2:43 am, "John Beckett" <johnb.beck...@...> wrote:
        > Guillermo wrote:
        > > Exactly, I get an error saying that I don't have access to
        > > the files (as a regular user).
        >
        > In Windows, your desktop is part of your profile, and all files have
        > permissions that prevent other general users reading the files. Moving
        > those files to some other directory will KEEP the permissions. If you
        > had COPIED the files they would have received new permissions (probably
        > the simplest would be to do that now; move the files out of the
        > directory, then copy them back).
        >
        > John
      • Guillermo
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2009
          > In Windows, your desktop is part of your profile, and all files have
          > permissions that prevent other general users reading the files. Moving
          > those files to some other directory will KEEP the permissions. If you
          > had COPIED the files they would have received new permissions

          That's a nasty gotcha.

          It worked! Thanks!

          Guillermo