Re: Mouse in console Vim: only trap left click

  • Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2009
      Saluton Matt :)

      On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 06:52:09 -0500, Matt Wozniski dixit:
      > On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado wrote:
      > > I use console Vim, and I would like to use the mouse to position the
      > > cursor into the Vim window, but *only for that*. I want the terminal
      > > emulator control the right click even when using Vim. I'm using Vim
      > > under Linux, with "set ttymouse=xterm2", BTW.
      > ..
      > > Can this be changed?
      >
      > I'm gonna take a swing at this and say "no". At the very least, it's
      > not possible from within vim. When vim takes over the mouse, it sends
      > CSI ? 1000 h (or CSI ? 1002 h for "xterm2") to the terminal emulator,

      That's what I supposed, but I wasn't fully sure :(

      > Of course, you could hack the code of your terminal emulator to allow
      > it, but there's nothing that can be done from the vim side.

      Well, not having the terminal emulator right-click popup menu in editing
      sessions is not a great deal, really. It would be good, but it's very
      usable as-is. Hacking the terminal emulator sources just for that
      doesn't worth the effort, specially because that would involve hacking
      libvte, probably.

      Thanks a lot for the explanation, Matt :))

      We are waiting for 13 Feb 2009 23:31:30 +0000 ...