Re: VIMINIT and MYVIMRC

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2009
      On 09/01/09 23:29, Ben Fritz wrote:

      > On Jan 9, 3:40 am, Samuel Ferencik<sferen...@...> wrote:
      >> I use the $VIMINIT variable to share a single .VIMRC file from
      >> multiple accounts. The variable holds
      >> so /shared/path/.vimrc
      >>
      >> However, with this setting, $MYVIMRC is not set...What do you think?
      >>

      > I think just sym-linking to your shared .vimrc might be better.

      I agree. On this computer, I can log in as either a normal user or the
      "root" superuser. So I have a symlink /root/.vimrc ->
      /home/tonymec/.vimrc (and the latter is owned by tonymec, so I don't
      need to log in as root just to edit it). My $VIMINIT is unset.

      >> For my own needs, I have changed $VIMINIT to
      >> so /shared/path/.vimrc | let $MYVIMRC = "/shared/path/.vimrc"
      >>

      > Probably an OK solution. You could also just set the value of $MYVIMRC
      > as an environment variable and not worry about Vim setting it.

      Idiot, n.:
      A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human
      affairs has always been dominant and controlling.