Re: Undo history in multiple windows

  • gbog
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2009
      On Jan 6, 10:46 pm, h3xx <amphetamach...@...> wrote:
      > On Jan 5, 3:53 am, gbog <Gui...@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi dear vimers,
      >
      > > I'm loosing undo history when opening multiple files split windows in
      > > vim (with :sp). I think I loose the history when I'm leaving one file
      > > to go to another.
      >
      > Hmmm... Do you mean when you :e a different file? Because that's
      > normal.

      Sorry, I was not very clear, you pointed the correct way. Actually,
      here are the steps I do:

      vi foo
      [some edit]
      :w
      :Explore
      [choose another file to edit]
      :b foo [go back to foo]
      u [doesn't work]

      It is not related to split windows (vi actually keeps my history
      when :Explore in another window).

      So my real question was: Is there a way to keep the history on current
      file when using :Explore to open another one?