Re: Remove *TeX leftovers

  • cflmish
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2009
      On Jan 6, 10:04 am, Ted Pavlic <t...@...> wrote:
      > >> Many TeX oriented 'front end' text editors offer a "clean" macro to
      > >> delete such files. Can someone point me to how this is/might be done
      > >> in vim or latex-suite?
      > > i am not sure how this can be done from inside vim, but in general i
      > > have a makefile {where i keep the .tex file} with a target clean, that
      > > removes all the "leftover" files. When i type make clean it deletes
      > > everything i don't want. Maybe something like this will help you:
      >
      > It's worth noting that if a Makefile is found in the current directory,
      > Vim-LaTeX (the latex suite) will use it to build your project (rather
      > than calling latex itself).
      >
      > (note: you can disable Vim-LaTeX looking for the Makefile;
      > alternatively, if you're using GNU's make, you can use a GNUmakefile
      > rather than a Makefile. Vim-LaTeX doesn't look for those)

      Thank you nicolas and Ted!

      nicolas' Makefile suggestion does the job (I had to add a colon after
      Makefile and change my tab setting from 4 spaces back to tab. Thanks
      for making it explicit in your message)...actually it works better
      because it cleans up the entire project folder. It also serves as
      reminder to attend to basic shell concepts.

      Ted is correct that the presence of a Makefile 'obstructs' Vim-LaTex
      build unless turned off in the texrc file (at least that's how I did
      it.) That would have been a pita to figure out without that tip.

      Thanks again,
      John (cflmish)