99997Re: possible to make iskeyword supports multibyte charactor?

    Jan 3, 2009
      On 04/01/09 06:30, pansz wrote:
      > Tony Mechelynck 写道:
      >> If you want to be sure, try some Chinese text with both hanzi and
      >> wide-punctuation and see where the yiw (yank inner word) or viw (visual
      >> inner word) stops. Here's a sample for you: 道可道、非常道。名可名、非常
      >> 名。 ;-)
      >
      > Interesting, I see the wide punctuation characters are recognized, so
      > vim is using wide character internally, and omitting some particular
      > wide-character from 'iskeyword' shouldn't be hard.
      >
      > Then why the 'iskeyword' supports only characters from 0-255?

      I'm not sure. I suppose that option was defined before Unicode became
      well-known, maybe even before it existed, when most charsets were of the
      8-bit kind except for East-Asian scripts, which required "special" MBCS
      versions of the OSes anyway (such as MS-DOS 2.25).

      Once the Unicode standard was published, it included not only mappings
      of codepoints to glyphs but also quite a lot of metadata about these
      codepoints (such as wide vs. narrow vs. ambiguous, LTR vs. RTL vs.
      ambiguous, lower/ upper/ titlecase, punctuation, number systems, etc.).
      However, Vim versions with -multi_byte must still be supported, and they
      don't have access to that wealth of meta-information. Also, IIUC it's in
      the ASCII range that there is most variation between programming
      languages, operating systems, human languages, etc. concerning which
      characters may be used in which circumstances.

      If there are epigrams, there must be meta-epigrams.