99689Re: Vim and Bash-scripts navigation

    Dec 23, 2008
      On 23/12/08 13:49, Nicolas Aggelidis wrote:
      > hi to all the list,
      >
      > i have a bunch of files that are full of bash functions i.e.
      >
      > function name-1()
      > {
      > #varius actions
      > }
      > function name-2()
      > {
      > #varius actions
      > }
      > function name-n()
      > {
      > #varius actions
      > }
      >
      > the problem is that i want to navigate quickly in those files [that
      > may have 500-1000 lines]. From what
      > i see in the exuberant ctags website
      > [http://ctags.sourceforge.net/languages.html%5d, bash isn't in the
      > supported languages.

      You missed #27 "Shell scripts (Bourne / Korn / Z)" which covers sh,
      bash, ksh and zsh IIUC.

      >> Is there any trick i could do to use ctags with bash-scipts?
      >> Is there any vim script that could assist me in dealing with this problem?
      >> any other ideas or anyone else with simular problem?
      >

      > thanks in advance for all your help,
      > -nicolas

      DEAD PERSON: I'm getting better!
      CUSTOMER: No, you're not -- you'll be stone dead in a moment.
      MORTICIAN: Oh, I can't take him like that -- it's against regulations.
      The Quest for the Holy Grail (Monty
      Python)