99661Vim and Bash-scripts navigation

  • Nicolas Aggelidis
    Dec 23, 2008
      hi to all the list,

      i have a bunch of files that are full of bash functions i.e.

      function name-1()
      {
      #varius actions
      }
      function name-2()
      {
      #varius actions
      }
      function name-n()
      {
      #varius actions
      }

      the problem is that i want to navigate quickly in those files [that
      may have 500-1000 lines]. From what
      i see in the exuberant ctags website
      [http://ctags.sourceforge.net/languages.html%5d, bash isn't in the
      supported languages.

      > Is there any trick i could do to use ctags with bash-scipts?
      > Is there any vim script that could assist me in dealing with this problem?
      > any other ideas or anyone else with simular problem?

      thanks in advance for all your help,
      -nicolas