97604Re: please help noob with surround.vim plugin

  • Jayson Williams
    Nov 1, 2008
      I use surround constantly. There is no need to highlight the word you
      want to highlight. just use the motion with ys (yank surround) so for

      Hello

      with the cursor at the H, you would type ysw (for yank surround word)
      and the surround character "
      The result will be
      "Hello"

      You can combine ys with any motion. cs is more for change surround I
      believe, and ds for delete surround.

      Jayson