97592Re: ANN: YankRing 6.1

  • David Fishburn
    Nov 2, 2008
      On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Bill McCarthy <WJMc@...> wrote:

      > On Fri 31-Oct-08 6:49am -0600, David Fishburn wrote:
      >
      >> There was a problem with the 6.0 release for Windows users.
      >> All Windows users should download this version.
      >
      > Although I'm a native Windows (no Cygwin) user without the space
      > problem, I upgraded.
      >
      > (1) When I unzipped I received the following:
      >
      > Archive: yankring_61.zip
      > plugin\yankring.vim: mismatching "local" filename (plugin/yankring.vim),
      > continuing with "central" filename version
      > warning: yankring_61.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators
      > replace plugin/yankring.vim? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename: A
      > inflating: plugin/yankring.vim
      > doc\yankring.txt: mismatching "local" filename (doc/yankring.txt),
      > continuing with "central" filename version
      > inflating: doc/yankring.txt

      Hmm, I use iZarc to create the archive.
      I wonder if it is doing something weird.

      > (2) Not sure if this worked - I looked at the help file. It still
      > says 6.0.

      Yes, in my haste to get this out so that a lot of Windows users didn't
      have more trouble than I wanted to forgot to update the very top of
      the doc/yankring.txt
      Version: 6.0

      But, if you can look for this line (1114):
      6.1: October 31, 2008:
      BF: If the g:yankring_history_dir contains spaces (default on
      Windows) an error was reported. A simple work around was to
      let g:yankring_history_dir = 'c:\Vim' or no spaces (Matt).

      That would confirm it.

      > (3) I have ":set report=0". When I visually mark all the lines from
      > :YRShow and press "d" I see "1 line less" for each line deleted.

      Sounds right.

      > (4) I also use <c-n> and <c-p> to move between errors. Instead of
      > looking up key codes for using Alt, this worked:
      >
      > let g:yankring_replace_n_pkey = '<m-p>'
      > let g:yankring_replace_n_nkey = '<m-n>'

      Ahh, thanks for the note. I will add this to the YankRing docs to see
      if it might help others as well.

      Dave